Sweet-Chili Soy Chicken
Vote for this contest contender!
My crispy fried chicken has looked too dry and plain, so I want to add some twist to it. It's always nice to explore something new with simple ingredients.
- 400 g chicken wings (chopped, washed and pat dried)
- 1 pkg breading mix (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 3 pieces lime
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour breading mix to chicken and mix well to coat evenly.
- Fry the chicken until crisp and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cut the lime and squeeze into soy sauce.
- Add the chili sauce.
- Add the sugar and mix very well until it dissolves into the mixture.
- Chop or mince the garlic.
- Remove fried chicken from pan and reduce oil. In same pan sauté garlic until golden brown. You can either set aside garlic for garnish or continue the process of cooking.
- Now add soy sauce mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let the sauce simmer until thick.
- Add the fried chicken and coat the sauce evenly.
- Garnish with garlic and serve.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!