Sweet Pea Crocheted Flower
This pretty little sweet pea inspired crochet flower can be used to brighten up clothing, a purse, or just about anything you wish. This is a page about making a sweet pea crocheted flower.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is quick and fun to make! In about 15 minutes, you will have a multi-layered, darling flower to beautify just about anything. I particularly like them on hats and purses. Have fun.
Total Time: around 15 minutes
Yield: as many as you like
- "h" crochet hook
- scraps of worsted weight #4 yarn. I used Caron Simply Soft.
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends.
- Chain 5, join to first chain to make a circle.
- Chain 1, single crochet in ring. *Chain 3, single crochet in ring*. Repeat steps in * 3 more times. Chain 3, join with a slip stitch to first single crochet.
- Slip stitch in first chain 1 space, chain 2. 4 double crochet in same space, chain 2, slip stitch in same space. Repeat sl st, ch 2, 4 dc, ch 2, sl st in each petal around.
- Now you will drop your green and pull up your pink with a ch 2.
- Slip stitch in the back of the first petal to join. There is no perfect spot to do this. As long as you choose a spot in the BACK and CENTER of the petal. Slip stitch through any part of the stitch, as long as you are not reaching through to the front.
- Chain 3, slip stitch behind the next petal. Repeat this 3 times. Chain 3, slip stitch in the first chain 3 space. You now have 5 chain 3 spaces.
- Chain 2, 6 dc, ch 2, sl st in same space. * Slip stitch in next chain 3 space, ch 2, 6 dc, ch 2, sl st. * Repeat steps in * around.
- At this point, finish off with your pink yarn. Re-insert hook in same space you just ended, pull up your green yarn that has been waiting for you, ch 2, sl st to the back of next petal.
- Chain 4, slip stitch to the back of the next petal, repeat this 3 more times. Chain 4, slip stitch to first chain 4 space.
- Chain 2, 8 double crochet, chain 2, slip stitch. Sl st, ch 2, 8 dc, ch 2, sl st in each space around. Finish off and weave in ends.
- I always like sewing a button to the center with one of my yarn tails. Just gives it that extra little pop!:)
Adding crocheted flowers to a project can really make it pop!
Learn how to make this sweet pea flower pattern by following the directions in this video.