Sweet Pie Dough
This sweet dough is perfect for your dessert recipes. This is a guide about sweet pie dough
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a great dough to make using a stand mixer. The sweet dough is perfect for tart pies.
Yield: 1 crust
- 10 Tbsp cold butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Slice your butter, be sure to keep it cold. If your house is warm you may want to stick it in the freezer for 15 minutes before starting.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment. Start on medium speed and work up to high.
- Once, smooth add 1 egg and mix on high for about a minute.
- Separate the other egg and add the yolk to the mixture, set aside the egg whites.
- Beat for another 2 minutes until the mixture looks lumpy.
- Add the flour and salt to mixer. Before mixing you will need to cover the bowl with a towel to prevent it from flying out. Be sure the towel will not get twisted up in paddle.
- Mix on high for about 30 seconds, until you hear the mixer strain.
- Add the egg whites and mix in.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and roll out. You may need to refrigerate your dough before rolling out, if it has warmed up too much.
I got this recipe from the book "Cooking" by James Peterson.
October 13, 20160 found this helpful
Not clear re egg whites. Direction say add 1 egg probably should say 1 yolk as further down in recipe it says add egg whites.