Taco Bar Ingredients for 100 People?

I am expecting 100people. I have 45 pounds of taco meat. How much onions chopped, tomatoes chopped, refried beans, and shredded cheese would I need to prepare?

TU

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 196 Feedbacks

GFS gives good info on their website:

gfsstore.com/.../

I personally like to add to what they tell me and plan for 10-15 people more than I expect as I can't stand to run out of food.

When you do tacos in a "bar" format, unless the group is all women, mixed groups, especially if there are men or teens tend to heap on the meat and extras.

We were at a grad party last summer, and the mom of the teenage boy grad, under calculated and ran out of meat and salsa with 1 hour to go for the party because most of the guests were teenage boys.

It was so embarrassing.

This is why I always overestimate and then bring boxes if there are leftovers!

I always take boxes so people can take home leftovers.

Happy party!

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

Here is a terrific taco party calculator. Figure 3 tacos per person. calculate-this.com/taco-bar-party-calculator

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 433 Posts

25 pounds of hamburger meat,200 taco shells,9 pounds of tomatoes,4 pounds minced onions,16 ounzes of sour cream,7 pounds of lettuce,7 pounds of cheddar cheese,4 pounds of montery cheese,16 ounces taco sauce,12 pounds re-fried beans,8 ounces salsa.

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts

For 100 people I would make sure you have enough shells so each person can make 4 tacos each. Women won't eat as much as men and teens do but the extra per person is a good way to calculate this one. Normally for 100 shells they say you should cook 25 pounds of meat.

Normally for other ingredient people suggest that you use 6 ouches of lettice per taco, 3 ouces of tomatoes, 2 ounces of onions, and 3 ounces of cheese. This isn't an exact measure because people will more of some ingredients and less of others.

Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceSeptember 23, 2019
🌻
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Taco-Bar-Ingredients-for-100-People.html