Take Screenshots of Purchase Confirmations

When you order things online, always take screenshots of the order summary and guaranteed delivery date immediately after purchase. Whether the purchase information is on the retailer's website on in your email, they can suddenly delay your delivery date and not inform you. The information for shipping can be altered, even in your original email.

Places like Amazon use link systems, not hard embedding. This can make you feel frustrated when you don't get what you ordered at the expected time. This screenshot will be your proof to the delivery date you ultimately paid for. Most retailers will credit your account or give you some form of perk. In the past, Amazon has credited my account, given me Prime membership, and allowed me free 1-day shipping as apologies in these situations.

Excellent advice! I recently fought (and won) a round with a major hardware retailer on this and screenshot would have come in very handy.

Well done on your win! Some companies try their best to wiggle out of these issues, but technology is great for us this way. High five!

Yes. Good advice. I try to remember to do this, even when I pay bills online. Dont just trust the fact that theyre supposed to send a confirmation email.

Consumer Advice Tips for ConsumersDecember 5, 2018
🎄
🍂
😷
Generated 2020-11-25 09:56:17 in 896 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Take-Screenshots-of-Purchase-Confirmations.html