Taking Photos Of Your Baby

There are a lot of cute ways to document how fast your little one grows in the first year. For our son, we took a picture each month on our sofa, joined by a stuffed gorilla (for scale) and a printed piece of paper with his age. It was so fun to see how much he had grown each month. We tried to always take the picture in the same spot, except for the few times that we were traveling.

If I could do it all again, I would have done a few things differently. I would have either, digitally added his month to the photo after, or had a cuter way to display his month in the photo. Also I would have tried to do a better job of taking the photos from the same angle and distance, so his growth would have shown better as you flipped through the photos. That said, I am really happy with the outcome and so glad that I got myself together enough to get the photo taken each month. I plan to continue as he ages through the years, although I may change the style in which I do them.

Here are more ideas for first year month by month photos:

• Use a different backdrop each month but have the child in the same outfit, such as a white onesie.

• Have the same stuffed animal in each photo in order to show scale.Use a small framed chalkboard to write the months on.

• Make paper ties with the month printed on it.

• Make a paper flower with the month printed in the middle

• Have a balloon for each month tied to the chair baby is sitting in.

More Solutions

This year a friend of mine welcomed a new angel into our world, baby Joseph. At a month old, little Joseph had only had photos taken from cell phones and the family wanted something a bit more special.

4 Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

Here is a photo I did of my one month old. It was really fun getting this scene set up and trying to set him down carefully while he was still asleep. He kept waking up so it was a bit difficult to get the shot I wanted. I plan to continue to make scenes like this as he grows.

Baby lying on a sheet with other sheets and paper cutouts arrange to make it look as though he is surfing.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Here is another baby scene I did with my 2 month old. He was born in the year of the dragon, according to the Chinese calendar.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes
Photos Taking PicturesNovember 4, 2012
🐛
👔
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Taking-Photos-Of-Your-Baby.html