ShavingHair Tips

Talking to Mom About Shaving Legs

I am really afraid to ask my mom about shaving or waxing etc. My legs are really hairy and I hate it! I'm 14 and I asked my mom last summer and she said no. Also, when she got me some new razors for my underarms this year she said ''don't you think about shaving your legs''. I'm really tired of hiding them. I'm willing to wax them, use an epilator, or shave. I just want to get rid of the hair.

I keep chickening out, please help!
Thanks.

Using a depilatory is easy and there is no danger of cutting yourself. Your mother will probably approve of this method.

It is very difficult to give personal advice/suggestions when we know nothing about your family life or cultures but hopefully, after reading some comments presented here you will find a way to have that talk with your mother.
This question is presented on this site quite often so do not feel that you are the only one who has this problem. Does your mother ever read ThriftyFun or do you think you might be able to convince her read what others are saying in regards to this question?

Here is a link to past questions and comments on this subject so maybe you can read them and make a plan on how to approach this with your mother.

www.thriftyfun.com/Asking-Your-Parents-to-Let-You-Shave...

thanks
I read the other posts
I think i'm just going to tell her straight up how I feel, or i'll try and get her to read some of the comments.
hopefully that'll work...

I am a little confused, you mention you asked last year. Your mother disagreed, now she bought you razors for your underarms and asks about if you wanted to shave your legs also?

So that means she approves you of shaving now then though right?

No, reread the post. She told her "don't" think about.....

I would ask her again, but ask her at what age you can start shaving them.

I would just talk to her about it, straight up. This reminds me of when I was a bit younger than you and I was afraid to hear "no" from my mum and I did it myself, just guessed what to do, and boy was I uncomfortable and confused.

I talked to her about it after... she said I should have come to her first if I was so upset and embarrassed about it. Go for it, have the talk :)