Tea Cup and Saucer Cozy
This is a great way to use your scrap stash and make a cute tea cup and saucer cozy.
Total Time: About 2 hours
Yield: 1 cozy
- 20 inches two scraps of contrasting material
- tea cup and saucer
- drawstring, I used a shoelace
- thin stuffing
- newspaper or whatever you prefer for the pattern
- safety pin to insert drawstring
- Make pattern. Cut one pattern circle 11½ inches, one circle 10½ inches, and one pattern circle 7 inches.
- Material Cutting: Cut 2 - 11½ pieces using fabric.
- Cut 1 - 10½ inch circle of stuffing.
- Cut 2 - 7 inches pieces using fabric.
- Sewing Instructions:
- Sew stuffing to the wrong side of one piece of fabric for the large circle. No stuffing is needed for the small circle.
- With right sides together, sew 11½ inch circle, leaving an opening large enough to turn the fabric right side out. Do the same for the 7 inch circle.
- Turn fabric.
- Sew the opening, left to turn the fabric right side out, closed on both circles.
- Stitch ¾ inch around the entire large circle. This will be used for the drawstring.
- Clip a small opening to insert drawstring.
- Using a safety pin, attach drawstring and pull through.
- Center small circle inside the cozy. Leave room for the saucer to slide in. Make four stitches on opposite sides of the circle (eight stitches total).
- Insert saucer.
- Place cup on top of saucer enclosed in fabric.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.