Teacher's Day Card
Tomorrow we'll be celebrating World Teacher's Day. My son asked me to help him do a simple greeting card with a small token attached to it. He chose to put a box of chalk since "it's the best reminder of being a teacher", he said.
World Teacher's Day is celebrated on October 5th. It was established in 1994.
- A4 thick art paper (yellow, red/pink and white)
- black marker
- Cut yellow art paper into two. One 5x11 inches then set aside the clipping.
- For the first strip (5x11 inches), fold it into 3 equal divisions. See photo.
- Take one side and fold it backwards, do the same with the other side.
- It should look like this.
- Now, take the extra clipping and cut equally into half to create two strips. Glue them close to each piece in a white paper. Then draw an inverted triangle at the bottom and some layers of horizontal lines on top. See photo for reference.
- Fill the yellow strips with lines (0.5 cm in distance). Use a black marker to emphasize the details. And some curves at the bottom.
- Cut along the outer lines. A pencil is now partially formed.
- Glue this into the pink/red paper. Draw a curve on top to form the eraser then cut out the shape.
- Now cut the pencil into half, then set aside.
- Take the first piece of yellow strip then glue the message in the center space inside the card.
- Now take the pencil halves and glue each on both sides.
- It should look like this when you close it.
- Pull the pencil open to reveal the message.
- Stick the mini box of chalk at the back of the card.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2024 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.