Teaching Kids to Save

Teach your kids to save their extra penny. I have this coconut bear coinbank which I got four years ago. This was a freebie from opening a kiddie bank account for my child. The bank gave this to encourage parents to teach children to keep at least a single penny a day. I displayed it on the living room and served as a sinking fund collector. Some family members sometimes drop in their coins. When it's full, we bring it to the bank and deposit it. It has a sealed cover on the bottom that the bank opens to get the coins and they reseal it after.

This is a thrifty idea that we have to teach our kids. Drop a single penny a day in a coinbank and increase the amount inside by saving it in the bank. It will earn interest and you will also benefit from it in the future. I was able to use some funds for my kid's first school enrollment. And I even do that for myself as an adult. It's quite fun having a personal coinbank.