ThanksgivingCrafts

Thankful Tree

Vote for this contest contender!

This is a keepsake tree you can make for yourself, or a larger one for your kids and family to add to each day for the month of November. Each leaf represents what you are thankful for. It is a nice way to take the time and reflect on what we are thankful for. Once the month is over, you could write November 2017 and save it in a portfolio to look back on.

Total Time: 20-25 minutes

1. I went on the internet and searched for "tree branch coloring pages" as a reference to cut free hand my tree with scissors using brown construction paper.
  2. Using green construction paper, I cut out 30 assorted sized leaves. I drew an example of how to cut a leaf below. There is no right or wrong way of cutting leaves, it is your preference. I also like the crease it leaves to give your tree dimension.
  3. I glued my tree down on a white construction paper so there is a background and I will use a magnet on my fridge to hang this thankful free on. Each day you will glue on a leaf writing down what you're thankful for. Close to the end of the month, the tree will look full (like below).
  4. Ad

5. Starting off in the beginning your tree will look bare, but don't worry as the days go by and you continue to add - the tree will be full.
  6. Using a little Ziploc bag and masking tape to the fridge, I placed the remaining leaves in there so each day I can grab one and continue to add to my tree until the 30th of November.
  7. Ad