social

Thread Cutter on Pfaff Sewing Machine Not Cutting?

Recently the thread cutter does not seem to be cutting the thread. When I finish the stitching line, press the "immediate tie-off" button, the threads stay attached to the fabric. I have changed the needle, rethreaded the bobbin and spool, and cleaned under the plate. The manual does not address this problem.

Advertisement

Thanks.

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
December 5, 20190 found this helpful

According to this forum, the motor that runs the thread cutter may need to be replaced.

forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=64588

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts
December 6, 20190 found this helpful

On this machine, there is a motor that runs the thread cutter. When this motor gets old or even dirty it will no longer cut the thread on your machine.

Advertisement

You can order a replacement motor and change it out. I think I would actually take this in to a repair shop and have it done.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Categories
Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesDecember 5, 2019
Pages
More
🎃
Halloween Ideas!
🍂
Thanksgiving Ideas!
Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube
Instagram
Contests!
Newsletters
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Categories
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2022-10-25 12:52:28 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Thread-Cutter-on-Pfaff-Sewing-Machine-Not-Cutting.html