Tiny Biting Black Bugs

Help! We are experiencing pinpoint black bugs. They bite and get on us and our puppy. There are no trails; we just see them in groups. We found them on our mantel, our clothes, our hair, and our toilet. We were recommended to use bed bug spray, but they keep coming back. We don't know what they are. We thought maybe bird mites, but we have no birds only city birds. What can we do to get rid of them? Please help. This is awful.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Put these bugs in a ziplock bag and seal the bag. Don't crush the bugs. Take to a store that sells pesticides and they will help you identify it.

Thier eggs from bugs that you can not see. It's could be dash mite.

I just read that bird mites are bad this year. If you have a County Cooperative in your area, they should be able to identify the bugs.

They do look like bird mites. There is a website birdmites.org.

You may have to ask your County Extension office for help as your bug may be a "local" bug the extension office is aware of. Just put your zip code or county in Google with County Extension office and you should get an address. Most of the time you can either call or email (send photos) and give whatever information you have. They should answer quickly and tell you what they are (and how to kill them) or ask for more information.
Bugs this tiny are difficult for us to identify from a photo so all we can give you are general ideas.
The sooner you call the sooner you will maybe know what action to take.

i have bits that look like pimples and all kids of marks that look like spots of blood ,itching everywhere also my head .im going crazy itching and cant sleep

Same here one night i felt stuff crowning on my legs while in my bed.so i took my blanket off grabbed a flash light nothing.i checked my sheet and all by my legs were these white salt grain looking stuff on the sheet where my legs were and bitten up..i grabbed some looked at them they didn't move so i Swype my sheet clean...then i had this generous idea take one and put it on my leg...After i did for a couple seconds my leg got itchy i took that salt thing off and it left a red mark where i put it..and it itched like Hell...plz anyone tell me what the Heck these things are??? I'm not going crazy specially now when there are many people dealing with the Same salt grain things that with the seeing eye are not moving..i feel stuff in my hair cloth skin and bed i even see them on my furniture??

Anonymous

I had the same problem white and black and yes they are like something from hell the only time i could sleep all night is at about 3pm turn off heat in house and leave house for hours when u come home that night u will get a good night sleep only thing worked for me thanks

I did want to mention that you might be able to bag some of these bugs and take them to one of your local pest control offices/businesses. They will probably be able to identify the bug but truthfully, I have never met a regular store clerk that was very knowledgeable about the pesticides they sell much less about the bugs they will kill as usually these are just normal everyday working clerks (no insult intended or implied) doing the job they were hired to do.

That looks a whole lot like a tick. The top photo at least.

I have them as well. I had to move out of my home.they are now infesting my work area as well and none of my coworkers are getting bit. My dr. Treated me for scabies but I've had two permethrin treatments without relief. They multiply very quickly and the don't die when I wash and dry my clothes. I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I'm seeing a dermatologist next week. I might add in my case when they bite they don't leave marks on me but it's hurts very bad.

I have the same thing, tiny and can barely see them. it started in my basement and then in the bathroom and kitchen, now in all rooms and crawl and bite me all over, mostly at night. They are worse after it rains and I have a sewer problem in the basement of my rental and water damage on the side of the house. I get bit the most. I think they are no see ums. I used to get bit downstairs here and there in the summer, but this year its bad and it's all through the house. I sprayed neem oil on all the windows and vents that go to the basement. They are small enough to fit through the smallest crack. I got it under control pretty good, until my basement flooded sewer water again and now I'm back where I started.

Off with deet doestn't work, neither does vicks (menthal). I'm looking for another apt., but it's been months of this, crawling, pricking, biting sensations and where I spray I find tiny, pepper size bugs, some smaller. I know they fly cause I get bit in the face sometimes standing and flying bug spray has killed a bunch when I spray in the air and come back in the room. The bites are hardly noticeable...small white, swollen circles with a small red dot in middle, that fades in less than a day. If anyone has information for me, please let me know.

I have the same thing!!!! They are everywhere in the house worse in the basement where I think there is black mold from a flooding and water damage from a leak under our tub the landlord fixed the leak but nothing else!!! My son has had pneumonia 3 times since we moved here I can see these bugs everywhere only him, a friend who lives a us and I get bit unless no one else notices but it looks like lint and then there are some pepper like things I think they are eggs of some sort from what I'm reading they add more active at night I vzsre them fly or jump there are also some white ones and a few red ones I'm think I'm dealt with a few different ones but the black and white ones are the worst how do we get rid of them

Anonymous

Please let me know if you have any relief. I am ate up they are coming out of my pores

Me too! Same issue with these tiny black bugs that bite. I have done everything. I had an exterminator out twice, I have bombed my house twice, I have vacuumed every single day for four months and cannot get rid of these things. They are making me miserable. I too also used the cream to no avail it lasted for a day or two and then here they came again. I sprayed alcohol and all the rooms thinking I could suffocate them to no avail.

I even sprinkled salt all in the carpet's thinking it might dehydrate them and run them off, didn't work. It did however slow them down a little which was impressive it is the first thing I've gotten any success with. I feel like I'm about to lose my mind with these things. Somebody please figure this out! They showed up at the end of May, it is now September in the battle keeps going. Surely someone on this planet has had this issue and figured it out.

Please let me know if you have finigures it out. I have an identical problem. On my skin, bed, laundry, sheets, car, hair everywhere!!!

My problem started when my daughter was volunteering at sn animal shelter. I came home from a vacation and she had these bites on her ankles. since that time I have been experiencing similar markings ankles legs arms. I've often spotted these tiny little black specks like pepper and it's almost like you can catch them crawling into your skin which sounds really really gross I'm sure but that's basically the truth. I bought something very expensive in the hopes of eliminating both fleas and or these other little creatures. the product is called Cedarcide that I purchased for $100 for one gallon. And I've been using it regularly to kind of controll the matter but it's not 100% effective and I'm laying in bed right now sick and these things are still having little taste of my arms, ankles, legs .you know I've sprayed my sheets but they still show up and you can't see them that's the worst part of it they're so tiny.

I have captured one or two things and I plan to save them and maybe take them into the pest control center which I've been trying to figure out where I could find out more about them and luckily someone mentioned the pest control center so I'm going to give that a shot. It's really making life miserable at time,s nothing happens on days I'm out of the house..

Anonymous

We are having same problem here, I have tried everything to get rid of them, nothing is working, they are even in our hair, on the dog, everywhere. Does anyone know how to get past these?

has any one figured out what this is ?

Could they be chiggers that a pet has carried in from the yard?
I would recommend trying diatomaceous earth