Tiny Biting Black Bugs

Help! We are experiencing pinpoint black bugs. They bite and get on us and our puppy. There are no trails; we just see them in groups. We found them on our mantel, our clothes, our hair, and our toilet. We were recommended to use bed bug spray, but they keep coming back. We don't know what they are. We thought maybe bird mites, but we have no birds only city birds. What can we do to get rid of them? Please help. This is awful.

Put these bugs in a ziplock bag and seal the bag. Don't crush the bugs. Take to a store that sells pesticides and they will help you identify it.

Thier eggs from bugs that you can not see. It's could be dash mite.

I just read that bird mites are bad this year. If you have a County Cooperative in your area, they should be able to identify the bugs. They do look like bird mites. There is a website birdmites.org.

You may have to ask your County Extension office for help as your bug may be a "local" bug the extension office is aware of. Just put your zip code or county in Google with County Extension office and you should get an address. Most of the time you can either call or email (send photos) and give whatever information you have.

They should answer quickly and tell you what they are (and how to kill them) or ask for more information.
Bugs this tiny are difficult for us to identify from a photo so all we can give you are general ideas.
The sooner you call the sooner you will maybe know what action to take.

i have bits that look like pimples and all kids of marks that look like spots of blood ,itching everywhere also my head .im going crazy itching and cant sleep

Same here one night i felt stuff crowning on my legs while in my bed.so i took my blanket off grabbed a flash light nothing.i checked my sheet and all by my legs were these white salt grain looking stuff on the sheet where my legs were and bitten up..i grabbed some looked at them they didn't move so i Swype my sheet clean...then i had this generous idea take one and put it on my leg...After i did for a couple seconds my leg got itchy i took that salt thing off and it left a red mark where i put it..and it itched like Hell...plz anyone tell me what the Heck these things are??? I'm not going crazy specially now when there are many people dealing with the Same salt grain things that with the seeing eye are not moving..i feel stuff in my hair cloth skin and bed i even see them on my furniture??

Anonymous

I had the same problem white and black and yes they are like something from hell the only time i could sleep all night is at about 3pm turn off heat in house and leave house for hours when u come home that night u will get a good night sleep only thing worked for me thanks

I did want to mention that you might be able to bag some of these bugs and take them to one of your local pest control offices/businesses. They will probably be able to identify the bug but truthfully, I have never met a regular store clerk that was very knowledgeable about the pesticides they sell much less about the bugs they will kill as usually these are just normal everyday working clerks (no insult intended or implied) doing the job they were hired to do.

That looks a whole lot like a tick. The top photo at least.

Ticks don't have the antennae like the bug pictured here.

I have them as well. I had to move out of my home.they are now infesting my work area as well and none of my coworkers are getting bit. My dr. Treated me for scabies but I've had two permethrin treatments without relief.

They multiply very quickly and the don't die when I wash and dry my clothes. I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I'm seeing a dermatologist next week. I might add in my case when they bite they don't leave marks on me but it's hurts very bad.

I have the same thing, tiny and can barely see them. it started in my basement and then in the bathroom and kitchen, now in all rooms and crawl and bite me all over, mostly at night. They are worse after it rains and I have a sewer problem in the basement of my rental and water damage on the side of the house. I get bit the most. I think they are no see ums. I used to get bit downstairs here and there in the summer, but this year its bad and it's all through the house. I sprayed neem oil on all the windows and vents that go to the basement. They are small enough to fit through the smallest crack. I got it under control pretty good, until my basement flooded sewer water again and now I'm back where I started.

Off with deet doestn't work, neither does vicks (menthal). I'm looking for another apt., but it's been months of this, crawling, pricking, biting sensations and where I spray I find tiny, pepper size bugs, some smaller. I know they fly cause I get bit in the face sometimes standing and flying bug spray has killed a bunch when I spray in the air and come back in the room. The bites are hardly noticeable...small white, swollen circles with a small red dot in middle, that fades in less than a day. If anyone has information for me, please let me know.

I have the same thing!!!! They are everywhere in the house worse in the basement where I think there is black mold from a flooding and water damage from a leak under our tub the landlord fixed the leak but nothing else!!! My son has had pneumonia 3 times since we moved here I can see these bugs everywhere only him, a friend who lives a us and I get bit unless no one else notices but it looks like lint and then there are some pepper like things I think they are eggs of some sort from what I'm reading they add more active at night I vzsre them fly or jump there are also some white ones and a few red ones I'm think I'm dealt with a few different ones but the black and white ones are the worst how do we get rid of them

Anonymous

Please let me know if you have any relief. I am ate up they are coming out of my pores

Same here, no marks. I've been spending thousands of dollars on pesticides and remedies and unto my last end.

Sounds like you have mold and you're allergic to the mold. I'm going through the same EXACT thing. It seems to be in all the dust and worse in any rooms with a water source, i.e. Bathrooms and kitchen, laundry room. I've been suffering for 2 1/2 yrs with this trying EVERYTHING under the sun and I've narrowed it down to mold since I just now found a leak in my roof. Or should I say........it just made it through where it has made a hole to start dripping.

I now need a pot to catch the water when it rains. But now I'm so broke from wasting my money on s*** that didn't worked I don't have money to fix the problem. Look for mold EVERYWHERE in your house. Under and behind appliances, in attic, basement, crawl space, walls, behind wallpaper, under carpets, etc..... Try going to an allergist and get tested for mold allergies. If you find what you "think" might be mold, get a $10 kit at the hardware store and send it in and find out for sure.

Me too! Same issue with these tiny black bugs that bite. I have done everything. I had an exterminator out twice, I have bombed my house twice, I have vacuumed every single day for four months and cannot get rid of these things. They are making me miserable. I too also used the cream to no avail it lasted for a day or two and then here they came again. I sprayed alcohol and all the rooms thinking I could suffocate them to no avail.

I even sprinkled salt all in the carpet's thinking it might dehydrate them and run them off, didn't work. It did however slow them down a little which was impressive it is the first thing I've gotten any success with. I feel like I'm about to lose my mind with these things. Somebody please figure this out! They showed up at the end of May, it is now September in the battle keeps going. Surely someone on this planet has had this issue and figured it out.

Please let me know if you have finigures it out. I have an identical problem. On my skin, bed, laundry, sheets, car, hair everywhere!!!

My problem started when my daughter was volunteering at sn animal shelter. I came home from a vacation and she had these bites on her ankles. since that time I have been experiencing similar markings ankles legs arms. I've often spotted these tiny little black specks like pepper and it's almost like you can catch them crawling into your skin which sounds really really gross I'm sure but that's basically the truth. I bought something very expensive in the hopes of eliminating both fleas and or these other little creatures. the product is called Cedarcide that I purchased for $100 for one gallon. And I've been using it regularly to kind of controll the matter but it's not 100% effective and I'm laying in bed right now sick and these things are still having little taste of my arms, ankles, legs .you know I've sprayed my sheets but they still show up and you can't see them that's the worst part of it they're so tiny. I have captured one or two things and I plan to save them and maybe take them into the pest control center which I've been trying to figure out where I could find out more about them and luckily someone mentioned the pest control center so I'm going to give that a shot. It's really making life miserable at time,s nothing happens on days I'm out of the house..

Anonymous

We are having same problem here, I have tried everything to get rid of them, nothing is working, they are even in our hair, on the dog, everywhere. Does anyone know how to get past these?

has any one figured out what this is ?

Could they be chiggers that a pet has carried in from the yard?
I would recommend trying diatomaceous earth

I have been dealing with these bugs for 7yrs now and all I can tell you that I am using is ortho.Diometreous Earth. Insecticide from Steve Reagan however they're only getting worse!!!The venem gets in my legs and I can't walk. Is there any chance of getting rid of them ? Anybody know?

Those tiny bugs could be some kind of aphid, which some will bite mammals and cause a skin rash.

Show pictures of small bugs as big as a flea

Im having the same problem their on our property in the tress and looks like big black spots that move and coming toward our home they get in my clout carpet walls ceiling furniture there basically every where they carry a sticky like substance u cant wipr up steam cleaning helps but they keep coming back my family thinks Im crazy because they cant see them and if u dont know what your looking for youll not see them Ive had Extermators and cleaned with everything possible and nothing works could it have anything to do with Dlime Mold around it looks little me their breeding off a rotten log thats in the woods and its civered with thick looking white stuff what in the world could this tiny bug be that ruining my life and home

Hi. Ive had this same dumb a$$ issue with the tiny bugs. I've been dealing with this for years and for me it started in Texas and followed me to Florida and it doesn't matter where I'm at, they attack me when I lay down, sometimes in my vehicle, I feel like I have lice in my hair but I've treated my hair for lice and a day later it's itching again. Whatever it is fly's as well. If you turn you flashlight on your phone and point it towards the ceiling while laying in bed in the dark, you'll see the white ones flying around in the light. The black ones are hard to spot unless you see them on white sheets or if your lucky enough to spot them on you before they avoid being seen. It's like they know your looking for them. Most rediculous crap I've ever delt with. My wife sleeps next to me and does not get effected yet I itch all night long and she thinks I'm crazy. I run my hand accross the bed and I feel sand like grains so I take a pillow and swipe the bed clean to get 30 seconds of relief:( I don't know what these things are but they are killing my quality of life, sleep and cause hella anxiety. I don't understand why there isn't already a fix for this with this many people having this issue. If I find a solution I'll post it on here. If someone else has found a solution, pls post it on here. So far I've only found "try this" and "try that" but no "hey use this it works". It is effecting me to the point of sleep deprivation which makes my days miserable and im starting to fail at my job because I'm so tired I can't effen think strait or concentrate. Yeh a sphychologist can help with that but only after fixing whats causing those symptoms and it's those effing bugs.

try diatomaceous earth it has given me relief for short time then i get re infested because my family wont let me use it on the whole house. use the instructions to apply and then use a little more. once you apply make sure to vacuum it up at 24-48 ours and re-apply. it absorbs moister and is rendered useless. its inexpensive at home diy stores. hope it helps

Anonymous

Omg I'm having the same issue they are ripping my hands to shreds where I'm wiping them of things all the time they sticking in you with a fiver like spore sticking out of them I can't find anything moving but they crunch when you pop under your nail they also take chunks out of my floor walls clothes they stick in your clothes and stab me my partner thinks I'm mad I think he's just in denial that we are infested with these things they are even coming if my kids i have to wash sheetes ever other sat has to throw carpets curtains ext out as they are covered if anyone has a answer I'd love to know