Tiny Reddish Brownish Bug?

0
Share
Pin
5
Save
Follow
Print

I found this bug on my daybed headboard and on my mattress. I have not gotten bit but I do not know what it is. Can someone please help to get rid of?

It looks like a beetle to me. If you have bedbugs, you will have bite masks and bloodstains on your sheets.

Agreeing with Judy -- I believe this is a beetle. Probably one of several types of "flour beetles" that will feed on stored grain including rice. Search your pantry for evidence. Here is a ThriftyFun page that may help you! www.thriftyfun.com/Getting-Rid-of-Flour-Beetles-1.html

I just found like 5 of them underneath my bed in the carpet. Could these powder beetles live in carpets? And my headboard is wooden but as you can see in the picture it has some material over it so I cant see anything. So what to do to get rid of them? Are they dangerous?

Ryan,
I don't think Powder Post Beetles would stay on/in the carpeting, as they are only looking for something wooden to lay their eggs in --- that is IF they ARE Powder Post Beetles. The Best thing to do is take some of the bugs to an Ace hardware store and see if they confirm what the bugs are. They should be able to tell you the best product to use.

If the head board is wooden, it could be powder post beetles. Can you find any tiny pin-size holes or very fine sawdust in the wood? Powder Post Beetles drill very small diameter holes into wooden things and then lay their eggs inside. You will need to use an insecticide to kill them.

Home and Garden Pest Control BugsJune 2, 2021
🎆
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Tiny-Reddish-Brownish-Bug.html