Tips for Dealing With Seasonal Affective Disorder
January 22, 2012
As the cold gray months of winter drag on, you may begin to experience the winter blahs. There are various budget friendly ways to lift your spirit during winter's gray period.
- Wear bright, cheerful clothing. Accessorize your wardrobe with brilliant colored scarves, fun colorful novelty style socks, flashy handbags, and an abundant amount of shimmering, shiny, sparkling jewelry.
- Brighten up the decor in your home.. Bring in some bold, brightly colored pillows, accent rugs, wall art, or decorative accessories. Splurge on a bouquet of flowers.
- Add some additional lighting to a room or use the lamps you already have more frequently. Re-purpose those Christmas lights in ways that decoratively illuminate the interior of your home.
- Allow as much natural light into a room as possible. Keeping blinds and curtains closed on cloudy, windy days can be cost effective but allowing natural sunlight in will warm up a room and lift your spirit.
- Fill your home with lively music. Beach music might be an ideal way to chase away winter blahs.
- Have an indoor picnic on the floor of the family room while enjoying music or a movie.
- Laugh! Read a funny book. Watch a funny movie. Borrow them from the library to save money. Laugh often with your family and friends. Have a party designed solely for the purpose of chasing away the winter blahs.
- Enjoy outdoor winter related activities. Take a walk. Go sledding. Build a snowman or create a snow sculpture. Enjoy a hot cup of cider or cocoa when you come back inside. That will soothe your body, mind, and soul.
- Many vacation areas have reduced rates during the winter months. Take advantage of this and enjoy a mini vacation even if it is the middle of winter.
By VeronicaHB from Asheboro, NC
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.