Tips for Softer Feet

Category Home Remedies
Cracked, dry feet can be very uncomfortable and unsightly. This guide contains tips for softer feet.

Having cracked or dry feet. At bedtime, rub feet down with vaseline petroleum jelly. Cover with plastic wrap and put socks on. In the morning you will have softer feet.

By Harriett from Lancaster, SC

Would you like softer feet? I found out a way to do so. I sell Avon and I got a sample of some stuff to soften feet, but it felt like petroleum jelly with some nice mint in it. So I figured the way to really save money was to make my own feet softener.

First, I put a good lotion or cream on my feet and rub in. Then I take petroleum jelly and put a light coat it over top. Usually I just put it on before bed and put cotton socks on, but you can put your feet into plastic grocery bags first then into socks for a deep treatment. When you put your feet into bags first, it helps hold moisture in and creates heat. That will make your feet feel and look softer. But you can put your lotion and jelly on before bed and put socks on, and get really good results.

How often? I'd say just a few days a week is fine. That's what I do and I have very dry feet and skin. I hope this helps someone out!

By Misty from Wooster, OH

I want softer feet for my mom. Any ideas on how to get them soft with home items ? I like to do homemade stuff besides its cheaper and less harmful products.

By Crissymae

Answers

This makes my feet very soft. I love using it! You may substitute any essential oil for the lavender. I like peppermint also when I need some energy. I call that one Peppy Peppermint Foot Soak

Lovely Lavender Foot Soak

1 cup baking soda
1 cup dried milk
Lavender essential oil
½ cup vinegar

Mix baking soda and dried milk together. Add about 10 drops of Lavender oil, mix well.

Find a deep tub and fill it half full with as hot of water as your feet can stand. Dissolve one cup of the dry milk, baking soda mixture into the hot water. Add the vinegar. Soak feet for at least 20 minutes. Use a foot file to smooth those rough patches on your feet.

The reaction between the baking soda and vinegar will cause the solution to bubble up quite a bit, so have towels handy in case it overflows your tub. This also makes a great bath soak! Add 2 cups to your bath water.

Lavender is a very soothing, relaxing oil, so it allows you to unwind after a long day. The acid nature of vinegar kills bacteria and fungus. The lactic acid in the dry milk softens your skin. Baking soda is an added skin softening agent and neutralizes skin pH.

Get rid of cracked dry skin!
First get a bucket of warm water, not to hot, with a cup full of Epsom salt. Allow salt to dissolve before placing your feet inside. Once the salt has dissolved, place your feet inside of the water, allow to soak for up to 30 minutes.

2 Remove feet from water after 30 minutes. Scrub gently with toothbrush to remove all loose, dry skin. This only takes a small amount of time. The skin should be very easy to remove. Rinse feet with water and pat dry with towel.

My wound care Doc recommended good old Vaseline. I put it on in bed, a little goes a long way. I put a towel down so my sheets aren't exposed to it. It works quickly!

Applying a small amount of olive oil to the feet at night will help. If you are concerned about staining the bed, wrap your feet with a hand towel or just wear an old pair of socks.

Product: Ped Egg

Manufacturer: Ped Egg

With sandal season upon us I have a great tip if you suffer from dry, cracked heels use the ped egg. It is the easiest, fastest way to remove that dead skin from your feet. I no longer have to drag my foot spa out every week for a pedicure. You rub it up and down on your heals and any other rough spots and it stores the "gratings" inside it. No mess. I bought mine at Walmart for $9.95 but just saw them at lakeside.com for $6.95. It's worth every penny!

Melissa from Logan, Utah