A delicious Italian dessert that is made from ladyfingers, liqueurs, and sweet cheese. This page contains tiramisu recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
January 20, 2013
A quick trifle with all the flavors of traditional Tiramisu!
Total Time: 30 minutes, plus 2 hours chill time
Yield: 10 servings
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tbsp Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 8 oz cream cheese or Neufchatel
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 Tbsp Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 8 to 10 in round angel food cake
- 3/4 cup double-strength black coffee
- 1/4 cup Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1/8 tsp cocoa
- 1/8 tsp granulated instant coffee
- Set cream cheese on counter to soften (not necessary if using Neufchatel cheese). Chill a large, deep mixing bowl and beaters of electric mixer if your kitchen is hot.
- Make double-strength coffee, measure and set aside to cool. Tear the angel food cake into 1-inch pieces in a 9x13 inch baking dish, set aside.
- In the chilled bowl, combine whipping cream, 1/4 c. confectioners' sugar and 2 T. Kahlua. Beat until stiff peaks form (this takes a few minutes). Transfer whipped cream to a smaller bowl and refrigerate.
- In the same bowl used to whip the cream, combine cream cheese, 1/2 c. confectioners' sugar and 3 T. Kahlua. Beat with mixer on medium speed until blended and smooth, scraping sides. Then FOLD in 1/2 c. of the whipped cream mixture. Keep cold.
- Combine coffee and 1/4 c. Kahlua. Drizzle over pieces of cake, gently tossing cake as necessary to coat all the pieces. Place half of the cake pieces in a trifle dish (or clear bowl) and press down slightly. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over the cake and then spread half of the whipped cream mixture on top. Repeat. Use a teaspoon to form swirls on top of the whipped cream. Smash up the coffee crystals in a small bowl and mix in the cocoa. Use a small strainer to dust the top of the trifle with the cocoa/coffee mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least two hours. Just before serving, drizzle mocha fudge sauce over the top of the trifle.
- Mocha Fudge Sauce:
Heat 1/4 c. fudge ice cream topping until warm in the microwave. Stir in enough Kahlua (1 to 2 T. or more) to make drizzling consistency, or, if you don't have fudge ice cream topping, bring 1/4 c. whipping cream to a boil in a small saucepan. Pour the hot cream over 1/3 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir until melted and slightly thick (may have to add more chips), then add Kahlua until drizzling consistency.
This is NOT for the kiddies!
I made tiramisu for the first time. I just love it and could eat it for breakfast. My tip is this, if you are using ladyfingers for baking, where the recipe calls for dipping them in any form of liquid (for my recipe I dipped in Amaretto) don't buy the soft ones. The got too soggy. Use the less expensive hard cookie.
By ValeryRead More Comments
Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk. Add dry pudding mixes; mix well. Stir in 2 cups of cool whip.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.