Toffee Squares Recipe
December 5, 2015
Rich with buttery English toffee flavor.
Total Time: 1hour
Yield: 4-6 doz. depending on how big you cut the squares.
Source: Cut from a magazine many years ago
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5-6 oz milk chocolate bars (I use Hershey bars)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted nuts (I use almonds)
- Heat oven to 350º F. Line a half sheet baking pan with parchment paper. I draw a 13X10 inch rectangle on one side of the paper and then turn it over in the pan.
- Next, cream butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Pat into a rectangle (13x10 in.) using the drawing on the parchment paper as a guide.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until nicely browned. It will be soft. Remove from oven.
- Immediately place separated squares of chocolate on top. Let stand until soft. Spread evenly over surface.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cut into small squares while warm.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.