Toffee Squares Recipe
This is a page about toffee squares
. These rich, buttery toffee treats are perfect for a party or as a gift for someone special.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
December 5, 2015
Rich with buttery English toffee flavor.
Total Time: 1hour
Yield: 4-6 doz. depending on how big you cut the squares.
Source: Cut from a magazine many years ago
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5-6 oz milk chocolate bars (I use Hershey bars)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted nuts (I use almonds)
- Heat oven to 350º F. Line a half sheet baking pan with parchment paper. I draw a 13X10 inch rectangle on one side of the paper and then turn it over in the pan.
- Next, cream butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Pat into a rectangle (13x10 in.) using the drawing on the parchment paper as a guide.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until nicely browned. It will be soft. Remove from oven.
- Immediately place separated squares of chocolate on top. Let stand until soft. Spread evenly over surface.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cut into small squares while warm.
December 6, 20150 found this helpful
These look delicious!
December 7, 20150 found this helpful
Just in time for the holidays. Yummy!