Tofu Stuffed with Ground Turkey, Shrimp and Mushroom
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
May 20, 2017
This is one of my favorite meals to eat with rice, because I enjoy tofu and assorted meats all in one juicy bite!
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 people
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 12 mushrooms
- 2 stems green onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1.5 cup water
- 2 pkg tofu
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- Open the ground turkey package and put in a bowl.
- Wash shrimp in salt water, and remove the shell then pat dry. Then mince the shrimp to a paste.
- Wash mushroom and slice thinly. Wash green onions and dice.
- In a food processor, put the sliced mushrooms and a handful of green diced onions and pulse.
- To the bowl of ground turkey, add your minced shrimp, and the pulsed mushrooms and green onions. Mix together with black pepper, sugar, 1 Tbsp. fish sauce for 5 minutes.
- Open tofu packages and clean with cold water. Cut square shape tofu and then cut the square diagonal so you use a spoon and scoop out a piece of the tofu, to stuff it.
- Now ready to stuff your tofu with ground turkey, shrimp, and mushroom mixture.
- Get a pan on medium heat and add oil, and crush your garlic into the pan. Allow garlic to become golden.
- To cook, first place the meat side down and cook all sides for 5 minutes each, a total of 15 minutes.
- Afterwards add 1 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil and add remaining fish sauce. Lower to medium heat and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Optional: Top with remaining diced green onion for garnishing and ready to serve!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.