Tofu Stuffed with Ground Turkey, Shrimp and Mushroom
This is one of my favorite meals to eat with rice, because I enjoy tofu and assorted meats all in one juicy bite!
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 people
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 12 mushrooms
- 2 stems green onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1.5 cup water
- 2 pkg tofu
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- Open the ground turkey package and put in a bowl.
- Wash shrimp in salt water, and remove the shell then pat dry. Then mince the shrimp to a paste.
- Wash mushroom and slice thinly. Wash green onions and dice.
- In a food processor, put the sliced mushrooms and a handful of green diced onions and pulse.
- To the bowl of ground turkey, add your minced shrimp, and the pulsed mushrooms and green onions. Mix together with black pepper, sugar, 1 Tbsp. fish sauce for 5 minutes.
- Open tofu packages and clean with cold water. Cut square shape tofu and then cut the square diagonal so you use a spoon and scoop out a piece of the tofu, to stuff it.
- Now ready to stuff your tofu with ground turkey, shrimp, and mushroom mixture.
- Get a pan on medium heat and add oil, and crush your garlic into the pan. Allow garlic to become golden.
- To cook, first place the meat side down and cook all sides for 5 minutes each, a total of 15 minutes.
- Afterwards add 1 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil and add remaining fish sauce. Lower to medium heat and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Optional: Top with remaining diced green onion for garnishing and ready to serve!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!