Tracking a Package Lost By the Post Office

I lost my reciept from the Post Office now the business I sent the package to says they never got it. What recourse do I have proving I sent it back so I can get my money back?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Unfortunately, if you cannot prove you sent the package, you are probably out of luck.

Your receipt is the proof you sent the package. If the package is valuable, you also have the option to buy insurance.
If you remember the date you sent the package you may be able to use that and your name to track the package. I'm not sure this would work. Go to the local post office where you sent it and ask.