Tracking a Package Shipped USPS

I recently mailed a book to Bookbyte using the prepaid shipping label. However when I track the package through USPS, it says it is still in the city where I tried shipping it and that it has been tendered to a returns agent and will no longer be tracked. What does this mean? My home address was not on the box or label so where is my package? The Bookbye website shows that the package is not in transit. How do I get my book back?

You can file a claim with the USPO to search for your package.

I mailed a package via USPS on March 4th to my girlfriend in Pangantucan, Philliphines and has been 4 months now
The Post Office I mailed it from says last known place of it's origin was in Chicago stuck in customs back in March for 17 days and Post Office is saying that tracking number isn't good anymore once package leaves the United States..so how do I track this package please?