Training a Dog Not to Bite

When we got this dog he was sweet. He used to bite our socks off our feet and chew them, but he got older and now he is an abusive dog who likes to chew anything and anyone!

He is 5 and I hope it's not too late because he is a sweet dog. You can't play with him, can't let any guests in the house stroke him or even go near him, and he eats people's shoes. I need some tips on how to make him stop so I can be rough and play fully with him. However, can I do that to a Yorkshire terrier?

By Megan.J

Try rubber bands. I had a dog who thought I was his chew toy so one day I got the idea to put a rubber band on his snout to get the message across.

It was a thin band and not too tight but it worked. It took several applications but eventually he got the message-end of problem.