Use Vinegar Spritz To Train Dog Not To Bite

I have a Yorkie who is prone to biting and my trainer says to try vinegar in a spritz bottle. He says it will not hurt their vision, but I am sure it will sting when squirted. I cannot say personally if it will work as I have not had to use it yet.

He does use it on the dogs that he has in doggie day care. Once all he had to do was just point the bottle and they all backed up. Just a suggestion. My dog is 2 years old.

By glo from Rockford, IL

Only water should be used when spraying an animal in the face.

Hello,
I would get another trainer. Spraying a dog in the face with vinegar is cruel. It stings and can burn their vision. You are making your dog afraid of you. Please DO NOT do this to your poor little fur baby. How would you like it if someone sprayed it in your face? You probably would not want to go near that person again. I don't blame your dog for not being trained properly. It hurts. You can use a more gentle method.

People actually USE this trainer? What are they thinking! Ask an eye doctor if getting sprayed in the face/eyes isn't going to hurt them!

Maybe not permanently, but then again if it's done enough....maybe. This so-called trainer should be charged with animal abuse! Please don't take your precious baby to him again!

Vinegar is an acid, and should never be used to inflict pain on a dog for behavior. Your goal is to reward a behavior that is the direct opposite of what you don't want.

If you use this kind of punishment or punishment of the dog at all, then you end up chancing breaking it's trust in you.

Everyone can always learn something new, I do everyday!

Pets Dogs Training AdviceDecember 9, 2011
🌻
😎
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf59696270.tip.html