Training a Dog to Not Jump and Growl

My dog is a Chihuahua Terrier mix. I know both breeds are a bit overprotective and snippy. My dog has not "bitten" anyone, but while at home he does growl and jump on strangers with an open mouth and they feel his teeth. My roommate is mad at me and says both me and my dog are "dangerous". He takes awhile to like someone so why she keeps bringing loud strangers home, idk. There's been no evidence of any bites, scratches or bruises. It is just hearsay.

What do I do? Please help save my chu chu beans!

You should reprimand your dog when she jumps. Cage her if she doesnt behave. Your friend has reason to be concerned. The dog needs to adjust to the environment, not the other way around.

Do you really know if there is no evidence of a dog bite? All it takes is a scratch and someone snaps a picture with their phone. You can end up paying for medical bills, lost work time, emotional distress etc. And you may lose your dog. Dont take a chance. There are many ways to train your dog to have good manners. Do him a favor that will pay off for the rest of his life.

It sounds like whatever you are doing isn't helping at all. You might need to take the dog to obedience school and have a professional help you train this dog. This is a problem that should have been addressed when he was very young.

Now he has the habit to do this and it might be hard to break. I'd look into professional training if you want to keep the dog. All it takes in one or two reports of the animal biting and you'll lose the dog for sure.