Training an Aggressive Dog

I recently took in my cousin's dog. Her boyfriend was abusing him and trying to make him a fighting dog and now he thinks he's alpha male in the house. If someone hits me he will bite them and he doesn't like anyone he doesn't know to come near me. He is also peeing in the house and I can't smack him or tell him no in a strict voice because he gets scared. He is very protective over me and I don't know how to get him to stop being aggressive. If you can help please do, he is a great dog and if I can't get him to not be aggressive he will not be allowed at my house.

By Kathryn Wilson

Best Answer

You don't have the expertise to deal with this.
Training an aggressive dog requires experience. In the meantime you are legally liable if he bites anybody. And if he does bite somebody he will be put down.
Is he a specific breed? Try to find out if a breed rescue will take him. Call around. It looks like he needs an expert and you aren't that person.

Pets Dogs Training AdviceSeptember 1, 2014
🐛
📓
🌻
😎