August 17, 2021
Today, I'm sharing my new craft made from scraps. Materials are easy to find at home just like old newspapers and card boards. The best thing is - it's wearable and useful.
- 6 empty water bottle (6 or 10 liter capacity)
- 1.5 to 2 meters nylon strap (i'm using an old belt)
- Old newspapers or scrap papers, cut into strips
- Thick cardboard
- Sticky tape
- Paint and paint brushes
- 1 plastic or paper cup
- Black marker
- Cut away the top and bottom part of the water bottle, then cut the body into half.
- Place it over the cardboard and trace the edges. Make it stand and trace the top and bottom ends into the cardboard. Cut them out.
- Stick the cardboards in place using sticky tape. (Back and bottom first)
- Next, tape both ends of the strap inside the bag.
- Add the top cover. Secure the back portion with tape and leave the front open.
- Now cut a plastic cup into half and attach it in front of the bottle using sticky tape. This will be the pockets.
- Keep the strap inside and start covering the whole body of the bag with strips of old newspaper. Brush 'em with half glue and half water mixture. Leave it to dry.
- When it's all dried up paint the bag with any color you like. Let it dry.
- When the paint is all dry, use a black filted marker to draw lines to add details.
- Now it's ready for use. But I'm gonna hang this into my learning wall project.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.