Home RemediesHealth & Beauty

Treating Ringworm

Category Home Remedies

How do you cure ringworm. I am asking for someone that lives in India.

My younger sister and a cousin used to get it all the time, but I do not remember what my mother and aunt did for it.

By Kathryn

Apply straight white vinegar 3 times a day. Should be gone in a little over a week.

An old fashioned remedy is to rub hardwood ashes on the ring worm every day until it is cleared up. I have no proof that it works, but if you have no other solution, you could give it a try.

Anonymous

Just answered this question for someone in India a couple days ago. These two links give oodles of info of how to treat and also what causes it. It is quite contageous. The second link shows a photo of ringworm:

natural-homeremedies.com/homeremedies_ringworm.htm

www.natural-cures-for.com/.../ringworm

I believe there is an over the counter fungus cream, that is used for athletes foot, that will get rid of it. I don't know whether it's available in India or not though.

I had a very large ringworm on my arm when I was in the 5th grade. The DR told Mom that he could write her an expensive prescription, or just tell her what to do. He said to get plain aspirin and just a few drops of water to each tablet to melt. Then you mix with just enough petroleum jelly to mix together. We found that if you mash and mix with a metal spoon it gets excss water out and makes it creamier.

Of course, this is not for those with an aspirin allergy. We would make up a whole petroleum jelly container full and then rub it on the ring worm a couple of times a day. Then later I found that it helped with acne out breaks. My Dad always kept a jar in his tackle box for hook mishaps and catfish finnings. It is good for any type of cuts or bruises.

Athletes foot infection is caused by the ringworm fungus, so anything that treats one will treat the other. I usually just use tea tree oil; it takes a while, but it will be gone.