Treating a Dog Scratched by Cat?

My dog was scratched by our new roommate's cat. They seemed to coexist unless the animals get too close together. The cat scratched my Pomeranian under her eye and it was bleeding. The eye itself doesn't look damaged, but under her eye bled a lot. I'm doing a saltine rinse on the wound a couple times a day to prevent infection. I also have no money to take her to a vet :( I don't want anything bad to happen to my dog. She's an older dog 5-6 (age is unknown due to abandonment of original owners).

I do not know what a saltine rinse is? If you mean saline, rinsing will not prevent an infection and bleeding "alot" is a bad sign!

You must find the money to take your dog to a vet immediately to check on the eye. You state the eye does not look damaged, however, you are not a vet and, I assume, have no medical training. Something happened as your dog bled "alot". Any delay can further damage the injured area and may cost more in the long run.

Pets are like people, they need proper veterinary check ups, vaccines, proper diet, and illnesses and accidents happen. If you are not able to afford veterinary care, you should not have a pet.

If everyone who couldn't afford huge vet bills, there wouldn't be many pets. Sometimes just LOVE is enough.

You mean saline. Anyway, that's a good start. But now it needs to scab over and heal. Start using triple antibiotic ointment (NOT the cream) on the scratch and in the eye. As long as the eye looks clear and nothing gets red, swells up, etc. it will probably be okay.

Of course, you are risking something happening to the eye, but since you have no money there is little else you can do at this point.

Let your roommate know he needs to trim his cat's claws.

Pets Dogs HealthAugust 29, 2015
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
😎
Generated 2020-07-17 09:37:54 in 977 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Treating-a-Dog-Scratched-by-Cat.html