Skin Wounds on a Cat with FIV

I have a 10 month old kitten. He is a house cat and does not go out. He is so funny and forever jumping up on the most unusual places. A few weeks ago I noticed his eye was swollen and took him to the vet. She said that he had torn his cornea on something and gave him a shot and some medicine. It's all better now.

While we were at the vet's my daughter mentioned that she had felt a lump in the middle of his back towards his tail. The vet looked and said that it was a cut that was healing, but to keep an eye on it and not to worry.

This evening I came home and noticed that the hair and scab around the cut on his back had come off (I assume during one of his many jumping and running games around the house) and the cut is now open. No scab has formed yet and it's not bleeding, but I am worried as he is our baby. I wonder if I should bring him back to the vet. He seems fine and is his usual funny self.

I just wonder how long it takes for a scab to form? He has FIV so I now his immune system is not like healthy cats so that's why I am worried. Any advise would be welcome. Thanks.

By Molly from Europe

Anonymous

A quick phone call to your vet should give you the answers you need.

Pets AdviceOctober 18, 2010
🌻
📓
🎂