TeaBeverages

Turmeric Morning Shot

contest winner icon
This is my morning turmeric shot I have every morning. I make little batch and store in the fridge. This lasts 1 week for 2 people. Turmeric is full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It has been used for thousands of years - even as medicine.

My personal preference I use a straw to drink my "shot" to prevent yellowing of my teeth and then I rinse with water afterwards. But you can pour your turmeric drink into a shot glass too if you'd like.

Total Time: 5 minutes

Yield: 2 people for 1 week

1. In a measuring cup or bowl, pour in turmeric powder.
  2. Add room temperature water and gently stir.
  3. Then add hot water and stir so that all the clumps are gone.
  4. Pour in honey and stir.
  5. Squeeze in a lemon wedge and give your drink a final stir.

What is a morning dose?

About a shot glass size. :)

I also use the Turmeric as an antioxidant and quick fix as soon as a friend or family member says they feel a cold coming on. It most certainly works BUT the one most important ingredient needed to make the turmeric potion,as I like to call it,work is missing. You NEED pepper. The capsaicin in the pepper aids the absorption of Turmeric in the blood stream enabling the antioxidants in Turmeric. Without the pepper the Turmeric is simply a nasty earthy, yellow staining spice without any real benefits. Heres to a Healthy New Year!

Hi tinamriggs - how much pepper is needed? Is it to taste or a specific amount?

I have tried with pepper (cayenne) but my tummy didn't react well. So far I have been being more active and have this turmeric morning shot and my blood test results have been significantly improved back in the normal so I don't know if that's a factor or not.

You need to add some oil~i use coconut oil~and pepper so your body can absorb it better.

You need to add some oil~i use coconut oil and pepper~so your body can absorb it better.