Use Bleached Towels to Remove Ink in Dryer

Absolutely use the bleached towel tip for getting ink stains out of the dryer. I used two bleach soaked white towels for the worst ink stains I have ever seen in the dryer and it worked so well! The stains are gone and as the other person said: 'no elbow grease'. The dryer is the cleanest it's ever been! Don't use any other method, IMO, as I tried them all! This really works!

By Amy from Fort Collins, CO

Answers:

Absolutely do not use pure bleach to do this! If you want to try this method, use a diluted bleach solution. I used pure bleach and ended up with lots of bleach dust all in my dryer, disintegrated towels, and a house full of bleach fumes (my utility room is also the location of the intake for my heat pump). Plus it did nothing to take the ink stains out. It took me hours to get all the powdered bleach out of my dryer and make it safe to use something else to clean the ink. Nail polish remover on a Magic Eraser got the majority of the ink out with a little elbow grease. Just make sure you rinse the nail polish remover out really well so to not cause a fire hazard. Good luck! (11/25/2009)

By jamiprice