ReusingGreen Living

Useful Way to Recycle Multipack Bottle Handles

Many products that I buy at Costco are doubled or even tripled up using these plastic handles. Do you know of a way to recycle these to make something useful?

Make sure you don't use these outside. Birds and other creatures have gotten stuck in them and suffocated.

That being said, you could crochet around them and make either single picture frames or a collage.

I feel sure there are people like Sandi (a ThriftyFun contributor) who can come up with all sorts of uses but I am just not that creative and have to leave this type of thinking to others.

Maybe: clothes extender - loop over hanger to hold an extra hanger (if the plastic is does not have sharp edges) like a top and skirt or long and short items.

Looks like it would work as an extender for hanging flower baskets if attached to a nail or hook and you wanted your basket to hang lower.

I have used something similar to hold my watering hose above my plants in my hothouse.

I generally only think in terms of plants so that is about as far as my immediate imagination will go.

Okay game on!! Challenge accepted.

So before I start the old brain, here is a link that can help with many items we get during the course of our shopping trips.

https://www.pin … tainers/?lp=true

Okay so the other ideas are epic, just sayin'. Making an extender of anything that is light weight is a great idea.

I would make them into:

Cut in half and make a ring toss game for the kids.

Owl eyes the kids can make then attach a string or piece of yarn to tie and hang up on the wall.

Crochet around them to hang a towel from your oven (will send a link at the end)

Join together and make a garland hanger for strips of ripped fabric BoHo curtain) along the top of your window.

Crochet around the form and make sunflowers.

Glue dollar tree spoons to the edges and make flowers you can have out on the patio.

Cut in half and crochet around the edges. Put a mirror in one and a fun photo of a kid or pet in the other two and glue them together in the back with a strip of plastic, cardboard or lightweight wood. Hang up.

Crochet a circle the size of the ring. Glue a can lid to the back for stability. Spray the crocheted circle with ScotchGard. Glue the crocheted side up to the plastic for a coaster.

That is all I have time for today. Hope these help!! PBP

http://scrapreu … pot.com/2012/04/

i just knew you would come up with some good suggestions!

I can use these for several things now as I usually just cut them into pieces and put place in recycling bin.

Thanks Sandi and others as well as I believe recycling of any kind makes everyone's lives better.

Betty

You are most welcome. Now let's see if I can fit through that darned door!!

Double your closet space! Put the "hook" of one hanger thru one hole and hang as normal. Then use the other side or hole to hang another garment.

Keep your scarves, belts or ties organized !