Uses for Castor Oil

Category Home Remedies
Castor oil has many different health, beauty aid, and home remedy uses. This is a guide about uses for castor oil.

Castor oil has amazing healing properties. It can be used to help heal small wounds and even small burns. It can help with a pulled muscle, inflamed tendons, and even some tummy issues. Just place it on a cotton ball or piece of gauze for small wounds, then place it on the skin. For larger areas use a paper towel, old rag, or washcloth and place it on the area that is inflamed for at least an hour. You can cover the outside with another towel or rag to protect clothing. Castor oil is absorbed by the skin and is very useful for healing.

Its also great for tender backsides when you find yourself out of medication for diaper rash or someone has a sore backside from being ill and having to use the bathroom too often. Just put some on a paper towel, cloth, or even toilet paper and gently apply. It's soothing, has no scent, and proves quick relief. It will protect against infection and soothe the area right away.

It can be taken internally for constipation issues too. It really has no taste, but it is an oil and quite thick. Be sure to follow the package instructions for internal use.

A great way to get better eyelashes it to put castor oil on them. I read reviews of how it made peoples lashes better over night, made them grow in fast, etc., and I didn't believe it...until I tried it! It makes a difference overnight. Just think of how different it is to put makeup on moisturized skin vs. unprepared skin. It makes a huge difference. Even without mascara, the oil made my lashes stand out amazingly.

Source: Makeupalley.com

By Dorinmoz from Sugar Land, TX

Call it what you wish, Voodoo or Witchcraft - but it DID WORK for me. Having recently torn the cartilage in my left knee and also been diagnosed with Arthritis in the same, I was doing some Web searching for magical pain relief remedies (other than my already supplementation of Glucosamine Sulfate, Chondrotin, Taurine, Collagen, HA, Cats Claw, Bromelain, MSM, etc., etc., etc. All of which I have been taking for years due to 27 years of cycling, but at 67.5 years old, something had to give).

One item that kept popping up on the searches was an old time remedy of Castor Oil. I'm not in terrible pain, but it is a 24/7 aggravation, as anyone who has similar discomforts can attest to. Yesterday, I decided to give it a try; purchased a package of ladies "cosmetic" cleansing pads (about 3x4 inches) and a small bottle of Castor Oil. I placed a pad on a small plate, saturated the pad with Castor Oil and popped it into the microwave for about 35 seconds. I then placed the (105 degrees F) warm pad on my knee, covered it with plastic wrap (to keep the Castor Oil from staining the heating pad) and then applied a heating pad.

I left it on for about 1 hour and when I removed everything, I did a "test walk". Not only was my knee not stiff, I could walk with about 95% less discomfort, this was 10x more effective than the Cortisone or three Hydraluronic Acid injections I had received in the last month. The other nice thing, is that you don't have to throw the saturated pad away; place in a Ziploc bag for the next application.

By Cajun from Collinsville