Uses for Glass Casserole Lids

Over the years, I found I had more casserole lids than I had casserole dishes. I found an excellent use for them besides filling in for the odd pot lid. The smaller lids work great for covering a bowl or a plate of food when microwaving. I especially like it for microwaving my leftover oatmeal. Comes out like it is freshly made, same with rice or potatoes.

The lids are often available at the thrift shops for cheap so it's easy to get the right cereal bowl size. I love mine.

More Solutions

Awhile back I dropped my one and only glass pot and shattered it. I stuck the lid in a cabinet and forgot all about it. A few weeks ago while doing a little fall cleaning, I came across it again and used it to cover something I was making in the microwave.

Glass lids on top of measuring cup and other bowls.

Better Living Frugal Living AdviceJune 9, 2019
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Glass-Casserole-Lids.html