Uses for Glass Casserole Lids

Glass casserole lids are great for covering food and still being able to see what you have. Use them for heating food in the microwave or even covering a burner on the stove.

Over the years, I found I had more casserole lids than I had casserole dishes. I found an excellent use for them besides filling in for the odd pot lid. The smaller lids work great for covering a bowl or a plate of food when microwaving. I especially like it for microwaving my leftover oatmeal. Comes out like it is freshly made, same with rice or potatoes.

The lids are often available at the thrift shops for cheap so it's easy to get the right cereal bowl size. I love mine.

Top Comment

Great idea. I use mine for burner covers. The handles/knobs don't allow me to set a pot or pan on the burner and accidentally turning on the burner. I have ruined three now so my tip would totally work with these.

Also, the glass ones are excellent for making basted eggs as you can see inside!

Awhile back I dropped my one and only glass pot and shattered it. I didn't want to throw the top away and basically just stuck it in a cabinet and forgot all about it. A few weeks ago while doing a little fall cleaning, I came across it again and used it to cover something I was making in the microwave. I was able to watch what was cooking and the cover made clean up very easy.

Since then, I have picked up a couple of different sized glass tops I've seen at my favorite thrift store for a quarter each because they didn't go with anything.

I no longer have caked on or splattered food all over my microwave.

By CPJ from Madison, AL

Top Comment

These lids are also good for covering a skillet when you're cooking something.