Uses for Leftover Paint

When you don't have enough of any one kind of paint to complete a project, there are ways to use the surplus. This page is about uses for leftover paint.

If you have leftover paint of any quantity or type, contact your local community theater group or high school drama department and see if they can use it. I belong to a community theater group and we are always needing paint to create the backdrops and sets for our shows!

By Becki from IN

Most paints can be readily mixed together, regardless.

Our city has joined with a neighboring city doing this very thing, selling the paint cheap with the understanding that "what you see is what you get", but it turned out GREAT and they mixed it all together, they say. I also read that some paint companies are doing this as well and selling it for indoor/outdoor paint. That's what was done for my exterior by volunteers from several churches and the paint is so wonderful, sticking to all surfaces whereas it peeled within a very short time in the past with exclusively outdoor paint.

Maybe we've been tricked all these years and the truth is just now coming out? LOL Regardless, I have saved 23 gallon plastic bottles with dripless wide-mouth spouts and huge screw-on lids, and look forward to being able to make old paint labeled and dripless, storing the remnant in my garage on shelves. Paint gets
old, but if it's NOT old, I plan to use all that God has given me and with much graditude!

Better Living Green Living AdviceNovember 14, 2013
🌻
🎃
🎂