Uses for Paper Bags

Category Reusing
If you get paper bags at the store there are many ways you can reuse them. This is a guide about uses for paper bags.

Every time I refill a prescription, the pharmacy gives me another little paper bag. Which, of course, I can't throw out, being the frugal person that I am. Over the years I've accumulated quite a pile of them, but I just knew someday I'd find a way to make them useful again.

And now I have. I'm re-doing my perennial gardens and getting rid of a lot of plants that have been trying to take over the beds, particularly the Solomon's Seal. I can always find people to give these plants to, but don't always have containers to put them in.

I tried to think of something I had a lot of. Then the little paper bags came to mind. I was able to put several plants in each bag. And the best part is the plant can be put in the ground, bag and all. Just wet it down really good first to help the paper break down faster when planted.

My village's historical society has a plant sale every spring and they were happy to get all my little bags of Solomon's Seal.

By ~gloria from upstate NY