Uses for Shower Caps

Shower caps can be used in ways other than just for keeping your hair dry in the shower. This is a guide about uses for shower caps.

Shower caps are inexpensive and very useful when packing luggage for putting your shoes inside. I also use a shower cap to cover my bicycle seat when it's raining and clear shower caps are handy to cover plates of food when dining al fresco!

By Monique from Somerset, UK., Weston-super-Mare

When you stay at some motels they will give you a complimentary shower cap. After your stay, put that cap over the sun visor in your car so you don't get it dirty or finger stained over time.

Source: my frugal frugelist mother and grandmother

By racegirlrandi from Del Rey, CA

My Dollar store sells 10 shower caps for a dollar. They have endless uses.

Keep them handy you will find many uses.

By Carmen from Daytona Beach, Fl

Ideas for using shower caps, other than in the shower. Post your ideas!

Answers:

Uses for Hotels and Motel Shower Caps

Use them to cover leftover food in your refrigerator. Years ago you could buy "bowl covers". I'm sure they still have them but they are not that easy to buy. Plus you have to pay for them. So why not use your freebies. After a use, wash them out with warm water and a bit of dishwashing detergent, dry well and reuse. An economical freebie.

By Joesgirl (10/03/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Uses for Shower Caps

Use instead of pans under flower pots. Maybe use the in winter to cover mirrors to prevent icing over night - (or bread bags) (10/05/2004)

By melody_yesterday

Uses for Shower Caps

I use shower caps when I paint my rooms (ie: painting the ceiling). It's quick and easy and prevents lots of splatters in my hair.

Pam in MN (06/27/2005)

By pbcml

Uses for Shower Caps

I use the large shower caps from the dollar store to recover my kitchen stools. They last a long time. (06/27/2005)

By Lois

Uses for Shower Caps

Another idea (seen on this website) is to put two disposable shower caps near the door. If you need to come through the house to get something while gardening, for example, just slip a shower cap over each shoe- no need to take off your shoes to avoid tracking in dirt, grass clippings (06/28/2005)

By Claudia

Uses for Shower Caps

I cover my bicycle seats, when we are expecting showers (07/12/2005)

By Helen