Uses for Sweet Ground Chocolate Powder

In addition to the obvious hot chocolate, sweet ground chocolate can be used in other recipes. This is a guide about uses for sweet ground chocolate powder.

I recently purchased a 30 pound box of Ghirardelli sweet ground chocolate powder w/cocoa for $80.00 ($2.66/pound). This tastes wonderful in my coffee mochas! But I have several questions:

What are some good recipes I can use this in?

How does it compare in recipes when it calls for sugar and cocoa? (I assume I would use less sugar?)

What is a good recipe for hot chocolate and cappucino using this powder?

Also, can this be stored in the freezer?

Thank you in advance!

Answers

Best Answer

I love the ground sweet chocolate. It lasts "forever" It seems to last as long as unsweetened cocoa. I love to make hot cocoa mix with it. It tastes just as good as the Nestle's hot chocolate mix. Follow any recipe that you have for mocha mix or hot cocoa mix. My favorite one serving mix is one mug, 1 tablespoon Ghirardelli sweet ground chocolate, 1 tablespoon sugar (or to taste) fill 2/3 full of boiling water.

Fill to the top with milk. This is the perfect temp. to drink. You can also add 1/3 cup high quality dry milk and add boiling water. Yum, it tastes like the expensive cocoa mixes. Also where did you get that much cocoa? I would love to get some.

By Sandy in Vermont (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Go to their web site. They have lots of receipes and suggestions to use their products.

The recipes on the back of the canister, if it's the same one I got, are excellent.

By Twinsand2more. (Guest Post)

I purchased a 30 lb. box from http://www.ptscoffee.com ( company based in Kansas.) It does have sugar in it. I could not find that they sold it online, but my friend gave me their phone number (1-888-678-JAVA)....They will happily send you their catalog and price list (as they have alot of different items in bulk).

Also, they gave me a Code to use if shopping online, to save 10%: javadogspecial0804 ....