Using Bamboo Fabric

Category Shopping
fabric rolls
Bamboo is a renewable resource and the soft cloth produced from this plant has a natural ability to repel bacteria. This guide is about using bamboo fabric.

Bamboo is a renewable resource plus it helps reduce the need for laundry. Now that clothing, towels etc. are made from bamboo fiber, we can all look forward to doing less laundry. Bamboo fiber has a natural ability to repel bacteria and odors. I have personally experienced this with bamboo t-shirts I bought.

I can wear the same shirt for several days without it smelling bad. This has reduced my need to do laundry. When I do launder my bamboo clothes, I can use natural very mild laundry soap. Because of bamboo's anti-fungal properties there is no need for harsh cleaning agents. Plus, bamboo grows really fast and replenishes itself. It does not have to be planted after it is harvested, making it a renewable resource. All this plus bamboo fiber products are ultra soft!

Does it itch, pill, machine wash, fade, last a long time? I saw something made out of it on the internet (can't recall where) and it sounded interesting.

Holly from Richardson, TX

I have a bathroom rug made of bamboo fabric. It is very soft and very attractive. The directions say to handwash it. I am not about to handwash a rug, so the first time I washed it, I put it in the machine and hung it to dry. A tiny section on the edge did came unraveled, so I think next time I wash it I will put it in a mesh bag. It's very nice, and as I said, so soft when you walk on it barefoot. I've had it less than a year, but I'm guessing it will last quite awhile.