Using Duct Tape for Repairs

Category Repair
Duct tape usage has migrated well beyond its original purpose. It can be used successfully for a variety of quick and somewhat long lasting temporary fixes, from plastic showers to vacuum hoses.

I have a plastic (not fiberglass) tub in my 1973 mobile home. It is cracked and water leaks out underneath. After trying several other ways to fix the cracks that didn't work, in desperation, I tried clear duct tape. It worked! Now all the cracks are sealed and no more leaks.

It will have to be replaced from time to time because eventually water seeps underneath since the plastic tub flexes. However, I have plenty of duct tape and it sure beats the expense of installing a new tub! "Flex Tape" works very well too, but is extremely expensive.

I was vacuuming today and I noticed there was no suction. I discovered a ripped hose. The Shark vacuum I own comes with a 5-year warranty.

However, you can only have one claim, which I used a couple of years ago.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

My daughter's winter boot zipper broke and we could not find anymore winter boots in our area to fit her. There are two zippers on each boot, fortunately. I cut into the edge of the broken zipper and got the metal pull back into the zipper and zipped it back up half way to hold that side together. Then I put many many layers of thick black duct tape all up and down the zipper area, inside and outside the boot, from the sole up to the top and over. The boot has been holding together beautifully and she is wearing them even in the snow.

By Maryanne from Ontario, Canada

Home and Garden RepairApril 7, 2020
🐛
👔
👒
🌻
😷

Generated 2020-04-26 10:29:05 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️