Using Eyebrow Stencils

Category Women
Having beautifully shaped eyebrows helps accentuate your eyes. This is a guide about using eyebrow stencils.

After you color in your eyebrows using stencils do you tweeze the remaining? And how do you know which stencils match your face?

Jennifer from Fairplay, CO

Answers

Best Answer

Draw small "hairs" with the sharpened pencil, lightly. Then take a brow brush and brush backward to blend, then smooth in an upward and outward direction to "lift" the eye. When satisfied, spray the brow brush with a little hairspray and brush over brow to set, using the same upward and outward direction

Jennifer from Fairplay, CO

Answers:

Using Eyebrow Stencils

If the eyebrows are drawn too close together, over the nose area, you will look frowning. You don't want to have a constant worried, frowning look. If they are too high up on your brow and forehead, you will look like you constantly have a question on your mind or look startled. Eyebrow design is the one thing that "sets" the expression on your face, almost as much as, whether you are smiling or not. (12/14/2008)

By Elder Lady

How do you use eyebrow stencils? Any ideas on how to correctly apply eyebrow stencils? I have very thin eyebrows and would like for them to look thicker. I've filled them in with eyebrow pencil but they look uneven, each brow has a different shape.

Thanks,
dixie35481 from Alabama

Answers:

Using Eyebrow Stencils

You choose the stencil that best fits your face and you simply put it over your brow and color it in. I know that either QVC or HSN (or both) sell the kits with instructions. They each have websites as well. (04/18/2006)

By paula

Using Eyebrow Stencils

Real eyebrows are not always equal, either. (04/18/2006)

By the Oracle

Using Eyebrow Stencils

It's true eyebrows are not even. Kind of like our hair, if we part in the middle it can be different on both sides. I got a little eyebrow brush and fill in any thin spots with a dark eye shadow or a pencil. But use the eraser- like tip to smudge, it looks more natural. (04/19/2006)

By meoowmom

Using Eyebrow Stencils

I heard a makeup artist say, "Remember, they (eyebrows) are supposed to be sisters, not twins!" However, my pale, thin eyebrows are the bane of my existence. Pencil looks fake, but every stencil I have seen looks enormous. I could use some advice too! (04/19/2006)

By joynchocolate

Using Eyebrow Stencils

Use the stencils but buy the eyebrow powder, don't use pencil, it makes your eyebrows look crayoned in. The powder works more effectively. I know companies like Maybelline, Revlon and Max Factor has the eyebrow powder. It comes with a little brush.
:) (04/19/2006)

By peggygv.

Using Eyebrow Stencils

I heard a makeup artist say the same thing about eyebrows being sisters, not twins! How funny. I think that either eyeshadow (a tone lighter than your brows) or a 6B drawing pencil (try it, its amazing) are best.
(05/04/2006)

By alicia

Using Eyebrow Stencils

Drawing in your eye brows with stencil is much better. (06/20/2007)

By M0NiCA

Using Eyebrow Stencils

Try practicing with a color that is so light, it's almost invisible. Once you get the hang of it, move to a darker color until you are satisfied. Sometimes it takes a long time to get the technique down pat. Think of the lightest color as 'training wheels'. (06/20/2007)

By cookwie

Using Eyebrow Stencils

I just received some eyebrow stencils, I'm having a hard time
using them. Can someone help me? I just can't get it right. The pencil does not work well. Should I use the powder?

Thank you
Fran (12/18/2007)

By Fran.