Using Funnels in the Kitchen

I buy my spices in bulk and then pour them into spice bottles using a funnel. Although this is a good way to keep them from spilling over the counter top, they would clog in the narrow part of the funnel and I would have to keep pushing them through. I came up with the idea of cutting the bottom off of the funnel so that I had an opening of about 1 1/2 inches and now the bottles are easy to fill.

I also use the funnel for bottling the small amounts of jellies and pickles that are always left over when I make preserves. The regular size pickling funnel is too big for filling smaller bottles and using my customized funnel with the smaller opening avoids messes.

By mother of 5 from Nova Scotia

More Solutions

I cut the top off plastic soda bottles to use them as funnels. It has been a handy addition in the kitchen for me and the garage for my husband. I use the bottoms to start plants, organize my numerous small items in my craft room, or hold change at the end of the day.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsJuly 30, 2014
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Funnels-in-the-Kitchen.html