Using Honey as a Hair Treatment

Category Products
Honey is reported to keep hair moisturized and help strengthen hair follicles. This is a page about using honey as a hair treatment.

I have coarse naturally curly hair. The only thing that really makes it feel soft and look healthy is honey. We go to Popeye's Chicken and always get extra packets of honey for the biscuits and they eventually accumulate in my pantry.

I decided to put the packets in a container and put it in the bathroom where I need it for my hair. The packet is just the right amount, I slather it together with my conditioner and work it in. Rinse out after a minute and my hair is wonderful!

Top Comment

I have learned this recently and use natural honey from a beekeeper friend. It is a great moisturizer for naturally curly hair when mixed 1:1 with usual conditioner.

I think the honey is working for Linda despite any of the other ingredients added to the honey packets and I can understand the convenience of them.

The real honey packets have been replaced with a product called "honey sauce" which now contains honey, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, natural flavor, fructose, and caramel sauce. Seems to me you could find something better to use on your hair.

Anonymous

Seems to me you could use something better on your hair too.

No, these packet are what works best, even better than coconut oil. I like the packets because I use to buy a honey bear dispenser and it would all turn hard before I could use it and was a nuisance to melt.

So the packets apparently have enough honey to soften and moisturize my hair.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ProductsJune 26, 2018
🌻
🎃
🎂