Candle MakingCrafts

Using Leftover Candle Wax For Gifts

Year around I use a lot of candles. The wick always burns out before the wax, leaving so much leftover wax that goes to waste, (not on my watch!) I take the wax and melt it down, add wicks, and make decorative cups for gifts that are a conversational piece and a decorative thank you to friends.

Total Time: 2 hours

Yield: 2 to 4

1. In a large pot, put about 2 inches of water. You will use medium heat.
  2. Fill your cans half way.
  3. Take crayons and put about 1/2 of a brown crayon and 1/4 black crayon in each can along with wax.
  4. Use a skewer or Popsicle stick to stir and blend until all of the wax is melted. Be careful the wax is very HOT!
  5. Ad

6. After the wax and crayons are blended, take the wicks and wrap the ends around the center of your skewer. Rest them across your cup. This will hold your wick in place and centered if you need to adjust while pouring wax. Because I have a few to do I placed them all on a tray/bake sheet.
  7. Pour wax to the top of the cup. It will shrink a little while drying. These can take up to 2 hours to make, and will need over night to cure. Trim wicks to 1/4 inch.