Using Less Toilet Tissue

One way to conserve resources and save money is to reduce the use of some products. This is a guide about using less toilet tissue.

Sometimes (especially for children), it's easy to use more toilet paper than you really need. Although I don't have kids, I've found I use a lot less toilet paper by keeping a bean bag (or something similar) laying on top of the toilet roll. The bean bag just needs to be lifted slightly when you pull off the sheets you need and it makes me conscious of what I'm doing!

By Peggy G. from Yulan, NY

By GrandmaH (Guest Post)
Top Comment

I have found that putting the roll on backwards is also a savings, especially if a child has fun unrolling it. If it is on the right way, all the TP would end up on the floor. If it is on backwards, the child may keep rolling the roll, but it doesn't come unrolled. Squishing the roll so it doesn't turn as smoothly also helps.

Top Comment

Putting a wedge thin stick or something inside the roll pushing against the roll and holder will do the same thing too makes it harder to get the paper off, sometimes aggravaiting like in store bathrooms where they purposely do the same thing to conserve paper, but for kids it a great idea.

Top Comment

I have gotten into the habit of flattening my roll of TP before putting it on the roller. (This has gotten harder to do with the double and triple rolls but still can be done.

Good upper body workout! lol) This makes the roll a bit harder to pull and it goes "thunk" as you pull so you automatically go slower. It saves paper because you are more aware of each thunk.

When putting on a new roll of toilet paper, squeeze it first before you hang it. That way, it will not keep on rolling. Very helpful if you have small children.

By ARLENE from Celina Ohio

Toilet paper can get used too quickly sometimes. Trying flattening the roll a bit to help prevent too much from easily unrolling. This is a guide about keeping the kids from unrolling toilet paper.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes