Using Muffin Pans Without Paper Liners

Category Muffins
Paper liners can make revving muffins easier. However, a layer of butter or shortening will also allow the muffins to come out just fine. This is a guide about using muffin pans without paper liners.

This recipe tells you to use paper liners in the muffin pan. Please explain what you would need to do if you did not have the paper liners in the pan.

By Kaylee T

Answers

Best Answer

You would need to grease only the bottoms of the muffin cups and cover with flour.

Best Answer

I've never had much success with the buttered and floured method, but this works well for me. I take the time to cut out circles from parchment paper, traced from the bottom of the muffin tin, cake pan or loaf pan (even minis). I like to do this when I'm doing a lot of baking.

I spray the bottom and sides of the pan with cooking spray, drop a parchment circle in the bottom, and then spray it, too. Sometimes, if the sides stick, I'll use a knife to go around the edges and then they just fall out.

I started using parchment circles when I baked wedding or party cakes, and the butter and flour method failed. It gets really expensive to have a large wedding cake layer stick to the pan! Now, I rarely ever have anything fall apart.