Using Rubber Cement to Temporarily Adhere Peel and Stick Tile

I am a renter, and I hate the textured, dark-gray painted backsplash in the kitchen. I am considering putting up those "peel n stick" faux tiles, but they are not recommended for textured walls. My main concern is not that they won't stick, but that when I remove them after the lease that they will peel off the paint and even some drywall. I am considering using rubber cement instead of peeling the backs to use the auto-adhesive. My theory is that I can more easily remove the rubber cement adhesive than I could the adhesive on the stickers.

Does anyone have any experience in using rubber cement in a similar application? Did you find it easy to remove/separate surfaces without damaging the substrate surface?

Rubber cement is hard to get off. I would use hot glue instead.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceMarch 9, 2019
🎃
🌻
🎂