Peel and Stick Tiles Coming Off

Category Floors
Peel and Stick Tiles
Peel and stick tiles are quite easy to install. Over time or on some surfaces they sometimes lose their adhesion and need to be reattached. This is a guide about peel and stick tiles coming off.

Is there a glue I can put on some peel and stick tiles that are coming off?

By Patty from Memphis, TN

Answers

Best Answer

You don't say what the material is that the tiles are adhering to. However, if it not a porous material then I would lift up the tiles that are not sticking being careful not to break or tear them. Clean off the old adhesive and apply contact adhesive. With contactadhesive you have to wait a period of time before applying to the substrate. The directions on the can should give you that information.

Best Answer

My husband has used these in homes and he puts adhesive on the floor anyway, so that dirt can't get down thru the edge of each tile that will eventually make the tile come up. Never had to do a repair of them due to doing this.

I just installed a peel and stick backsplash in my kitchen and a few days later it's all falling off. How do I glue it to stay on? Help please.

Answers

Best Answer

Did you clean and degrease the walls before applying the tile? You can remove the tiles with the blowdryer heat, wash the walls and try again.

I laid peel and stick tiles onto concrete without any prep in kitchen, dining, and entry way. The peel and stick is all coming up, underneath the tile the floor is damp. Any suggestions that don't involve pulling up all the tiles?

By Fondor from T

Answers:

Peel and Stick Tiles Coming Off

Concrete is porous meaning moisture is coming through the concrete to lift the tiles off. I don't think there is a solution for sticky back tiles. Tiles put over concrete usually are terra cota type and put down with mortar and grouted between the tiles. You could go to a Loew's or Home Depot and ask the people who run the tile dept. (02/09/2010)

By foxrun41