Using Wax Tart Burners

Category Odors

These fragrant melted wax burners infuse your home with delightful scents. This is a guide about using wax tart burners.

I buy a little more expensive cake candles in Amish Country yet they still have a tendency to burn out leaving about 2" of candle. I started saving those pieces of candle in a large baggie. Then when I have quite a bit, my husband breaks them up for me with a hammer, still in the bag, so no mess. And I use those small pieces in my tart burners. Now I don't have to buy the tarts anymore, and get dual use out of those candles.

By Marilyn

How can I clean tart wax from the burner?

By Neets from Beaumont, TX

Answers

Best Answer

Freeze it then just take it off with a case knife. When I want to change out my tarts I put it in the freezer then just pop mine out and keep them in a ziplock bag to rechange a scent.

Best Answer

Ditto for the freezing! I learned it from my MIL. =)

I have Yankee candle wax tarts, but I don't have a burner. What could I use?

By Janice

Answers

I really don't think there is any thing else you could use, only a burner. Don't forget there is a safety issue also. At the moment on the Yankee website here in the UK burners are pretty inexpensive, so maybe on the US site there are the same offers. Hope this helps.

I bought two coffee cup warmers at the thrift store. I use a votive cup/jar sitting on that to melt the scented cubes. they draw very little power so I leave at least one on at all times. I turn the other off when I leave home because it is placed in a location where it could be bumped or knocked over by my dogs or cat.

I love to use tart burners. I now buy votive candles and cut them in half, pull out wick and metal wick holder and use instead of buying the tarts.

By JP

Answers:

Wax for Tart Burners

Using votive candles for tart burners will work, but because of flash point levels votive candles don't have as much fragrance oil in them as melting tarts. When I make tarts I over scent them because I know there won't be any flame involved.

For the people that don't know what a tart burner is, it's like a potpourri burner except it's for scented wax. I use a mug warmer and an old mug. I made fruit scented wax in fruit shapes that I put in a bowl beside my warmer and every once in a while I toss a piece of fruit in the warmer. I have a puppy at my house and using the warmer means I don't have to worry about him bumping into the table and knocking over a lit candle. So I get the benefit of the candle without the flame. (07/07/2005)

By Peggy Z

Wax for Tart Burners

Gee, kids, I must be dense. I read Peggy Z's post on what tart burners are, namely scented wax warmers and saw the picture of cute wax fruits. Can you also put in a fresh piece of fruit and warm it in the tart burner? Now ~ back to the beach! (08/16/2005)

By gidget

Wax for Tart Burners

I always have leftover wax in my candle jars from burning candles. I take the wax from them, pop it in the freezer to release the wax (sometime it needs cut in half), re-melt the wax and add some flavoring. It is a great way to reuse the left over wax and you'd be surprised how much you really waste. I just pour it in regular cookie tart pans (not the ones I bake with) and then I have the perfect sized tarts. It is fun and easy. (03/10/2006)

By katieandjeffy